Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sushi Dolls Design Team Open Call Entries!

Well, since I have a day off I can now show off all the wonderful entries that I have received for my open call! I am overwhelmed with the ALL the amazing artists that have entered. I never expected to have these many! SERIOUSLY this is a blessing and I'm so very happy! So thank you to all of you!  It's going to be a very difficult thing to choose the new additions to my D.T! I don't know how I will do it! Aye!

 Before I go and show you all the projects I do want to say something else. Because I was not expecting such a huge turn out I want to show how very grateful I am to all of you. For those who do not make it into the D.T this time I will be giving you a FREE image, of your choice, for even taking the time and making your project(s).  I know each and everyone of you have worked your buttocks off and instead of just leaving you hanging dry, I would love to give you a little thank you...=) So with that said, no one will leave with an empty hand! Yay! Hope this was a nice little surprise for all of you. 

And now, without further interruptions, here are the entries! 

Jeni's Project

(She is a Spanish entry. You can use the translator on the upper right-hand corner to translate the info below.)
Descripción de la tarjeta: 
Para esta tarjeta no me guié por ningún sketch, de fondo use una cartulina rosada a la cual le puse unas florecitas en relieve, una blonda sobre esta y encima dos rectángulos de papel, con las esquinas troqueladas, para acentuar el digi, lo puse sobre una mini blonda, con cinta de relieve para darle mas altura. La flor fue hecha por mi, al igual que el alfiler decorado.

Descripción de mi estilo:
Me gusta realizar tarjetas, mini álbumes, alterados y muchos mas, pienso que lo mejor que se me da hacer y lo que mas disfruto, son los mini álbumes, mi estilo favorito es el Shabby Chic.

Link del proyecto:
http://scrapminialbumesymas.blogspot.com/2013/06/sushi-dolls-equipo-de-diseno.html


Jennifer's Project

Description of her card:
  • card base is cut at 4"x5"
  • blue layer is cut at 3 3/4" x 4 3/4"
  • pink layer is cut 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" and embossed with a heart folder from The Paper Studio
  • pattern paper is from Bazzil Basics Vintage Marketplace
  • Spellbinders Nestabilites (large classic ovals and lacey ovals)
  • lace from Joanns $1 lace section
  • MFT mini rolled roses
  • Sushi Doll image (Yum Yum)
About Jennifer:
"I have been crafty all my life, but I didn't become a "serious" crafter until March 2010 after I went to my first Stampin' Up! party. Ever since then I've been hooked. I don't like to limit myself to one type of craft. I love using my Cricut, Silhouette, coloring images, scrapbooking, card making, and so much more. I love to inspire others through my blog and video tutorials."

Jennifer's links:
blog: http://www.jennuinecrafts.com
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/justdahling
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/justdahling
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/jennxruiz
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/justdahling


Kerry's Projects



About Kerry:
"...started scrapbooking about 8 years ago and then 5 years ago stamps...I'm currently DT for Art Impressions, Eyelet Outlet, and Chi Chi Memories and I was past DT member for Softpencil, Karber, InStyle Stamps, and AiFactory.  I have a Pinterest and you tube account if needed."

Kerry's links:
Here is the link for the Sushi Doll post:
Blog:

Nathalie's Project


About Nathalie:
"I'm a crafty person since my Young age but I started scrapbooking about 2 years ago with digital scrapbooking with Hummie's world .  I found it cool but after that I discovered Laura from following the paper trail and then Katy orta from paperphenomenon and I felt in love with the paper crafting obsession.  I don't scrap everyday  but I'M trying...."

Nathalie's links:
 Mon blog  // My blog:   http://delacouleurenpapier.blogspot.ca/
 Ma chaîne youtube // My youtube channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/nbreault1

Karen's Project

Description of her project:
"My Project for the design team call is a card measuring about 4" x 4" and the plain card stock is from my stash and the pattern paper is from DCWV summer collection from way back.  I coloured my image with promarkers and went round the outside with distress ink - salty ocean and matted it on green card stock.  The stickers are also from DCWV."

About Karen:
" I love crafting, cross stitch, scrapbooking, card making and I dabble with beads as well.  I have a blog (link above) and I have a youtube channel which I show some of my cards on."

Karen's links:
Blog

Ardilla's Poject 

(She is a Spanish entry. You can use the translator on the upper right-hand corner to translate the info below.)
Descripción de la tarjeta:
Para esta tarjeta elegí el sketch the Mojo Monday y elegí la combinacion de colores rosa, marrón y beige. Como siempre, coloreo con lapices acuarelables. Usé tinta para el borde de la imagen.
Utilicé cartulinas Folia en marrón y beige y el papel diseñado es de My Mind's Eyes.
También usé rhinestones rosados y una rosa de papel para decorar la tarjeta. La frase es de Create with TLC. 

Descripción de mi estilo:
Mi estilo para cardmaking es simple, no es que simpre haga CAS cards, pero raramente hago "bulky" cards, me gusta usar embellishment pero sin abusar. Para colorear uso lapices acuarelables Koh-i-noor, no tengo marcadores de alcohol, a veces uso lapiceras con brillo (glitterpen o jellypens) y a veces uso tintas. Normalmente uso sketches para hacer mis tarjetas, me siento cómoda trabajando con ellos como base. No me gusta hacer trabajos para Halloween, sí puedo hacer para otoño, pero no celebro esta fecha, tampoco nada que tenga que ver con brujas o demonios. Prefiero lo "cute".

Link del proyecto:

Tracy's Projects


Description of her project:
Project: A three card set using Abby Cupcake coloured with alcohol markers. The cards were created with the papers from MME Happy Day and using the same basic layout so they would look like a set. Skin, hair, and cupcake wrapper utilised the same colours while clothing and cupcake frosting used different colours for a little variety.

About Tracy:
" A Jamaica girl living in Florida, I love to experiment with different types of crafts and have been known to spend hours strolling in big box stores and local craft havens. My craft of choice was crochet, until the day a cousin entered me in a beauty pageant and I won! I decided to create a scrapbook of the event which led me to scrapbooking magazines and the wonderful world of papercrafting."

Tracy's links:
Link to the projects
blog


Cynthia's Projects


About Cynthia: 
I have been making cards for about 8 months. I have been scrapbooking for about 2 years,but have always really loved to work with paper and altering projects. I also love to sew.

Cynthia's links:
Link to her projects
http://cindy4kiddos.blogspot.com/2013/07/dt-entries-for-sillyshysushi.html


Nicole's Project


About Nicole:
"I am a fellow hand drawer myself and have recently started doing my own stamps as well...my first prototypes should be in my hands the beginning of next week!  whoot whoot! lol  Anyways....I have always loved art and grew up with it all my life with influences from my dad and uncle.  In fact my dad always preached to me, "if you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life."  Since I've been doing drawings and stamping, I am finally living this dream!  I am a card maker at heart, it's what I do most of.  I have started smashing, however, I don't do many layouts.   I do all types of coloring from copics/spectrums, colored pencils, water coloring with distress inks and I just recently added inktense pencils to my collection! can't wait to try those out!  I feel I have my own style, so I don't think I could put a name to it like "shabby chique"...which i'm definitely not! lol  I love cartoon type images and anything that I can create to look bright and colorful!  which could be the new name for me!  even when I was getting my design degree, my friends couldn't even figure out what my "category" was than, but that's ok! lol"

Nicole's links:

Mary's Project


Mary's links:
Sushi Doll post
YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtgplwd1hfI

Ruth's Project


And here are the Y.T entries!

Cynthia's Project



Kim's Project



Bethany's Project



Christine's Project



Sharon's Project



Alice's Project



Michelle's Project



So what do you guys think? Amazing turn out right?! I can't believe I have sooooo many and freaking AMAZING ones at that! I love all of them! Each have a unique twist and a personal touch. I can tell that everyone put their heart into it and I can't wait to see what happens! Stay tuned for Friday where I will announce the new additions to my D.T and who knows, I might have another surprise up my sleeve for all of you who have participated; as if the free image wasn't enough. =) Thank you again! This was fun!


hugs,

Susi



5 comments:

  1. Omg what great entries love them all hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! They are beautiful...every one of them! It's so easy to work with your fabulous images, Susi! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dios mio!! Todos los proyectos están preciosos, fue emocionante ver el mio :3 Esperare ansiosa hasta el viernes. Saluditos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all the FAB submissions, Lady!!! And Good Luck with figuring this one out :-) Such a tuffy! *crosses my fingers, toes, eyes* Lol!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not at all surprised at the incredible submissions because your images are wonderful and so versitle. You know I'm a fan and will be here cheering you on always Susi! I'm wishing everyone loads of luck and I thank you all for the inspiration....such amazing projects here.

    ((Big hugs))

    -Christine.

    ReplyDelete