Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What Happened was...

So today I had a Live Hangout on YouTube. I was a hot mess! LOL! I asked 2 of my buddies to join but only one could tag along.  So who was it? Linda! We had a blast but man oh man, did we have some technical difficulties or what?! AND I was cussing like a sailor! In English and Spanish! I was nervous I tell you! NERVOUS!  We even did a challenge to finish a mixed media tag that we both failed! We were supposed to finish in 15 minutes...um...yeah disaster! But you know what? We had fun and frankly Linda and I needed that. We laughed and from the looks of it our peeps enjoyed themselves. Thank you for all of you who joined in. I really appreciate it! Next time we do one I will post the info here too. Well, here is the video and the finished project.  Hope you like it!

The Sushi Doll image that I used was Yum Yum.  This and a boy version is one that I have for free only if you are participating in my D.T.  I paper pieced her except for her skin and the ice-cream cone.  I used some book paper I got from a R.A.K for her hair that I then colored; I also used it for the ice-cream.   I put Stickles on her hair band and used colored pencils without Gamsol for her hair and ice-cream.  For the dress I used a small scrap of plaid paper. I thought it was perfect!  I also used stamps for the background, which are in the video.  I used Glimmer mist for the blotches you see on the background also.  I finished it with white acrylic paint so it wouldn't look so blah. 

Here is a close up of 'Yum Yum'

The over-all look of my tag. 


Here is  a little side view of it.

In this angle you can see all the Glimmer mist I used.




6 comments:

  1. Too too cute!!! Just found out about Sushi dolls, they are AWESOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susi! Thanks for the awesome comment on my blog! made me come and see all your beautiful work! you are talented! Great tag! love all the glimmer mist and acrylic paint you used. Gaby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gaby. I try. LOL! I love your work too! Super Amazing!

      Delete